About Me

My photo
Hey, everyone! Here is a blog about US! Brian and Me and our little bundles of joy, Jayden and Layla! Brian and I have been married for over 4 1/2 years and now we have our sweet little boy and girl. Jayden was born on Thanksgiving morning and almost a year later our sweet girl was also born! What a great month to have our little blessings born! We are so excited to have them in our lives!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

So after trying to throw 2 suprise family parties and them not really working, I decided to throw one with some of our friends. It was short notice so only a few came. But before I get into the party and how it went. I have to start from the beganing, I was wondering how I could get Brian out of the house while I needed to set up and get everything ready so I called my good friend Cortney and we came up with a plan that we had a jewelry party to go to and her husband and Brian would hang-out. We told them that we would been done with the jewelry party at 730 and to have them meet at our house at 730. We took the 3 boys with us and went back to our house to set up. I tried to come up with AIRPLANE themes. So there were sandwhiches, peanuts and prezels. Bottled water labeled 'PILOT BRIAN' and cupcakes with airplanes on them with 'FIRST CLASS' in them. Then for dessert I had ice cream. All the topping had ariplane terms. Like 'bomber bears' (gummy bears), 'captian chips' (chocolate chips), 'cessna crumbles' (gram crackers), 'FFA fudge' (chocolate sause), 'cockpit carmel' (carmel sause. And for the take home gift, the 'BAGGAGE CLAIM', of course they were airplanes. It tooks us two with our 3 boys about 2 hrs to set up. Next time it will be way easier to have the men take the kids. Right around 7 we finished and a few friends had shown up.We were all chilling in the living room for more friends and we heard the door open...it was BRIAN!!! Oh my I was shocked! What are you doing? I asked. You cant be here now! Brian explained that there was flash floodling where he works (he works for the city) and he got called in for emergency to help with the flood and he had to be there now! My face was in more shock! Another party down the drain! I worked my butt off for this party to be the best and he couldnt even be there! I felt so sad that he had to go and couldnt even celebrate! He grabbed a sandwhich and left! By then most of the friends were there. So I decided to still have the party! I felt bad they all came and then Brian had to go but the party was good. We all chatted and hungout for a couple of hrs. I think Duncan was the subsitute for Brian. He is a character! He was making everyone laugh. Duncan is Chris and Cortneys oldest son (4yr). I have to share one story that made us all laugh. Hope you dont care Cort? So Duncan has been on a kick about marriage. He has said that he has found his future wife at a pizza place. So that night he went to one of our friends Ben and said, So you married? and Ben said Yes. Well where is she and Ben said right here. and Duncan turned to her and said with a discusted face--You married HIM!!??? HAHA we were all busting up laughing. Jena the wife said Yeah put him in his place! and Ben said something like Yeah she couldnt of done better huh!? Duncan you are so funny we love you!!!! Brian felt bad really bad that he wasnt able to be there. All week long he was telling me that he was sorry. Poor thing! Its ok love! I love you! Even though my planning of parties STINK!!! Yu will always be a PILOT!!! and MY true love and only!




4 comments:

Lia said...

Yay! Congratulations to Brian!

Em said...

You are such a good little wifey! That flash flood was CRAZY ha sad he missed his party. Hope you are doing well are you ready for number two?!?

Chelsea said...

Such a fun idea! Glad you guys are doing well!!!

Matt and Alissa said...

Those were such cute ideas. What a funny kid.