About Me

My photo
Hey, everyone! Here is a blog about US! Brian and Me and our little bundles of joy, Jayden and Layla! Brian and I have been married for over 4 1/2 years and now we have our sweet little boy and girl. Jayden was born on Thanksgiving morning and almost a year later our sweet girl was also born! What a great month to have our little blessings born! We are so excited to have them in our lives!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

This was right after I delivered Jayden. He looks like he is crying hard but he wasnt at all. All he made was grunting and little wines. I thought it was great I didnt want a baby that cries to much. But the nurses said you do when they come out so you know they are breathing well on their own. So the nurses had to call in someone to help him try to learn how to breath on his own. This nurse wanted to try and not use oxygen and a half an hr and nothing was helping him. So they took him to the NICU. I was getting all fixed up while Brian left to go with him. My poor boys! My husband was pasing back and forth so worried about Jayden and my sweet son was having trouble breathing on his own. My mom came in that half hr while they were trying to work with Jayden on breathing. It was nice to have my mom there when the boys left and I had to wait for a few before I could get into a wheelchair to go see my boys! Brian wanted to give him a blessing so my mom called my dad and told him to come. (the rule at the hospital was ONLY 2 people could be in the room to visit the mom and baby. Thats it! It was because of the swine flu. So of course my husband was there and then I chose my mom to come in after the delivery) So since we wanted a blessing they said it was fine for my dad to come in too.
Here he is in the NICU all tuped and wired up. It was SO SAD seeing him like this! Brian gave Jayden a great blessing!

Here is the proud daddy! He is the best dad ever! Brian was not able to hold him after the delivery because of his breathing problems. So after 4 hr Brian was able to hold his little son.


Here is Jayden with only the nose tube after the blessing he was doing so good that he was able to have to those in his nose. He had to be there for about 6 hrs. We had to leave for about 20mins to go to our new room and we had to leave Jayden there. But shortly after we came back the nurse told us that after we left he pulled all of his tubing out to show how better he was. That he could breath on his own. We couldn't believe how smart and strong he was to show them he is a fighter! He is definatly our little fighter!


Here is the best doc EVER! I will recommend him to anyone! He truely makes you feel like a person not a patiant. Thanks doc Chalmers we will come to you for our other babies too!



1 comment:

Matt and Alissa said...

Oh, that is so sad to see small babies like that. I am so glad the blessing worked so quickly.