About Me

My photo
Hey, everyone! Here is a blog about US! Brian and Me and our little bundles of joy, Jayden and Layla! Brian and I have been married for over 4 1/2 years and now we have our sweet little boy and girl. Jayden was born on Thanksgiving morning and almost a year later our sweet girl was also born! What a great month to have our little blessings born! We are so excited to have them in our lives!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our Baby Jayden

Here is our baby Jayden Clyde Simkins. He was born Thanksgiving morning at 12: 41am. He was 7lbs 9oz and 20in long.


This was the board that has our nurses and my goals. I was so worried about having horrible nurses! I think thats what make me so nervous and got the high blood pressure that morning. But I had AWESOME nurses! My main nurse Kristen was my parents old bishop's wife. She is the cutest, sweetest lady ever! and my tech was great too!
On Wed. morning we had a doc appt 2 strip my membranes. All morning long while we were getting ready I was so nervous!!! I kind of felt like this was it! We need to bring our bags because he is going to come! We went to the doc and of course brought our bags. I got my weight and blood pressure checked. Weight was great but my blood pressure was not! Well the doc came in and stripped my membranes and said well you want to have him this weekend? I can use the excuse with your high blood pressure to admit you. (He knew about how I was forced on leave from my job and felt horrible and wanted me to have him early to spend time with our little boy) He let Brian and I talk and we both felt like it was a good idea because 1.family could all come up and see; because of the holiday. 2.we could spend more time with him before I have to go back to work. 3.everything was healthy with us both! So we made the decision to do it. by the way they checked my blood pressure agian and everything was normal but the doc said it still will work!
So we got the call from the labor and delivory to come in at 4:30. My doc broke my water at 5pm and said I bet he will come around 3 in the morning. I was dialated at a 3 and efaced about 85%. My nurse kept saying I hope you have him before 6 am before Im off work. First time moms dont go fast! Around 7 I was ready for the epedurral. Brian asked if they could check me and kristen did and I was dialated at a 4 and still 85% efaced. Around 8 they came in and checked agian and I was at a 7 and 100% efaced. Around 10:30-11 she came in and check and I was at a 10 and 100% efaced. Kristen was shocked! She had me try pushing and she said oh boy! dont push anymore I need to call the doc! We called my mom telling her the news and she of course was right on her way! the doc came around 12:15 and I had him at 12:41! Everyone in that room was so shocked I had him so fast! I was acually was telling the nurses when I felt I needed to push.

4 comments:

Lia said...

Yay! I'm so glad you could have him early and spend more time with him! He is adorable!

Matt and Alissa said...

Wow, I wish I went that fast with both of my kids. I do push them out fast though (Belle was only 9 min. of pushing). I'm so glad it all went well and that you got to go early. What a beautiful boy!

Em said...

Congrats I kept thinking when is she going to have this baby and I never saw anything so I thought he was still hanging out in you. I am so happy he is healthy and everyone is happy. The NICU is scary I am so sorry you had to go there even for a few hours. He is so beautiful I am so happy for you guys. He is one lucky little guy to have such good parents. If you are nursing hang in there it is NOT EASY at first. If you need anything let me know!!!!

Chelsea said...

I'm glad everything's good now, congrats!!!! Come see us next time you're down, I'd love to visit!